The Sfera Group is a SA company with an exceptional range of food and hospitality products and services. Sfera’s Park Suites and Convention Centre is Adelaide’s leading wedding & conference venue, also specialising in meetings, events, functions, Christmas parties & also offers modern accommodation along with 1877 Pasta & Wine Bar known for its Italian Cuisine. Sfera's Gourmet Centre & Fresh Food Market offers seafood,poultry, game, meat, pasta products & catering.
the season to be jolly and for most a Christmas show is a celebration of all
the hard work you put in during the year. This year the way to experience
a Christmas party with a difference is in one of Sfera’s Park Suites &
Convention Centre’s five spectacular Christmas shows.
first show is ‘You Should Be Dancing’ featuring ‘Jungle Jooce’ and hits from
Abba, Bee Gees, Stevie Wonder, Kiss and more from the 70’s & 80’s.
second Show is ‘Nothing But a Good Time’ featuring ‘Hollywood Hangover’ and
music from Bon Jovi, Poison, Gun’s N Roses, Def Leppard, Van Halen, Aerosmith
and more from the 80’s.
is ‘My Generation’ featuring ’Mr. Buzzy’ and hits from Black Eyes Peas, Doobie
Brothers, Michael Jackson, The Beatles and much more from the 70’s, 80’s, 90’s
The fourth show is ‘Dance Till You Drop’ featuring ‘The Shizzle &
Angles LIVE’ and songs from the 70’s, 80’s, 90’s and today.
The fifth show is ‘The
Oz Rock Show’ featuring ‘Oz Rock’ and music from Cold Chisel, INXS, Easybeats,
Crowded House and more.
a time for celebrating the end of a year with great food and wine amongst work
colleagues, friends and families. A mouth watering 3 course menu and a 5 hour
beverage package, as well as a newly upgraded spectacular venue will have
guests talking for months.
Sfera's Park Suies & Convention Centre have raised $3600 by hosting their annual charity Melbourne Cup Event. According to the team at Camp Quality the money raised will be enough to send 6 sick children on a 5 day camp!
Thanks go everyone who attended, the Sfera's team, Camp Quality team and Westfield Tea Tree Plaza for their support of this worthwhile event.
We look forward to raising even more money next year.
the pleasure of hosting Annie’s Lane, Fox Creek and Yalumba winemaker’s dinners
already this year, with the three nights being an outstanding success. Our
regular patrons have booked in early for the upcoming ‘A Night with Penfolds’ on
Friday 23rd November hosted by wine maker Jamie Sach and Sfera’s
General Manager Michael Sfera.
has been filled with interesting and entertaining discussions between the wine
maker and diners over a six course degustation menu with matching wines. ‘A
Night with Penfolds’ at Sfera’s will be taken to the next level featuring
seven courses and seven wines as
well as the chance to be in the running to win a bottle of Penfolds
1. Select your theme and book your venue and ceremony destination first.
2. Use a comprehensive checklist and create an inspiration book.
3. Create a point of difference (I call it "Theatre") something that defines your wedding as unique. This could be a dramatic entrance, unique transport, photo booth, fireworks, lanterns, unique food experience or venue setting.
4. Select reliable and trustworthy wedding suppliers, where possible get personal endorsements or ask to see their past client endorsements when you are meeting with them. Where possible always aim to get a minimum of three quotes for services, always keep an eye on hidden costs, and compare ‘apples for apples’. Aim to get written supplier agreements or contracts for all services.
5. If possible with your theme, organise everything close by or in the same location. Our venue for example offers ceremony, photo opportunities in nearby parklands, ballrooms for your reception and accommodation, all in the one location saving you large wedding car transport fees.
6. Economies of Scale. Understand your bargaining position; weddings with large numbers (over 250 people) are not as commonplace as smaller receptions and very lucrative for venues, caterers, florists, décor providers and so on. You should be able to negotiate discounts or complimentary upgrades. Are you organising two events at the same place? Is one of your relatives also interested in booking the same florist or the same photographer? This is a dream come true for a supplier; one sale equals two weddings and the chance of more.
7. Use facebook to create your own personalised wedding page, if you are having an overseas wedding you could even stream your wedding ceremony live.
8. Use venues or caterers that specialise in weddings where possible rather than venues or restaurants that rarely do weddings. Significant expertise in process and management of wedding receptions is invaluable to ensure your wedding runs smoothly.
9. Hold a Friday or Winter Wedding and have the wedding of your dreams for approximately 15% off across the board. All services need turnover in the off peak seasons so approach all of the wedding services with discounts or special deals in mind. What’s great about this is that it’s not just the venue, nearly all services can provide discounts and sometimes winter can produce some great weather.
10. Do your research, generally speaking the information, advice and help you are looking for is so readily available online or in wedding planning books. Don’t be afraid to ask questions of your suppliers and for their advice.
Michael Sfera's latest book "Easy Weddings & Engagements" is out now!
As Adelaide’s leading wedding and conference venue. Sfera’s specialises in wedding receptions, wedding ceremonies, meetings, events, functions, Christmas parties and also offers modern accommodation in Adelaide’s north eastern suburbs. Our Adelaide venue is complimented with Sfera’s 1877 Restaurant, known for its traditional Italian cuisine and personalised service in an historic setting.
We also operate Sfera’s Gourmet Centre and Fresh Food Market in Campbelltown SA, which offers fresh seafood, poultry, game, meat and pasta products, as well as catering services in Adelaide. We aim to continuously improve our unique products and services at our Adelaide venues via market research, innovation, passion and building the skills of our people.”
We look forward to sharing with you our experiences, venue, food, events and lots more on this blog site.